InstaCoverage is a unit testing tool for LabVIEW that enables faster software development by radically speeding-up the execution of unit tests. InstaCoverage is available as a plugin in the LabVIEW development environment.
The product InstaCoverage is a result of our own experiences gained in various commercial LabVIEW development projects for the safety-critical domain. InstaCoverage supports diagram coverage (the LabVIEW variant of branch coverage), which is a necessary metric for most software projects where safety is a requirement.
Using InstaCoverage we have measured significant speed-ups compared to other state-of-the-art unit testing tools in actual commercial software projects. To give a specific example, the runtime of 146 unit tests (where each of them may contain several test cases) in a commercial safety-critical LabVIEW project containing several hundreds of VIs takes over an hour with the mainstream solution, but only 30 seconds with InstaCoverage. This corresponds to a speed-up of 100 times.
InstaCoverage is the first time-performant unit testing tool for LabVIEW that supports code coverage
- Fast unit testing and code coverage measurement
- *RT target support: unit tests can be executed on real-time targets such as cRIO (*new in version 2.1, released in July 2018)
- Flexible test infrastructure based on setup, teardown, and harness VIs; works with LabVIEW OOP, too
- LabVIEW IDE support: testing functionalities integrated into the LabVIEW development environment
- HTML and JUnit-style XML reporting of test results; works with Jenkins, too
- API to run the tests from LabVIEW code
If you are interested in InstaCoverage, or have any question, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
InstaCoverage is purchasable on the National Instruments Tools Network (click on link below) or directly from IncQuery Labs (email us).